2023 Camp Bruegala Charities
Association of Horizon
- Created in 1991 to address the need for recreational opportunities for adults with physical disabilities
- All volunteer organization made up of people with and without physical disabilities
- Provides social opportunities throughout the year virtually and in person to build and maintain friendships
- Provides Summer Camp at Timber Pointe Outdoor Center at Lake Bloomington which includes boating, swimming, horseback riding, adaptive biking, arts & crafts, zip-lining, live bands, and many other amazing activities in a way that is accessible for everyone
Child Protection Network
- Child Protection Network provides funding to local agencies who are engaged in the fight and prevention of child abuse and neglect.
- CPN is primarily focused on the McLean County CASA and McLean County Children’s Advocacy Center. We help fund their daily operations, the training of their volunteers, and the Darkness to Light and Monique Burr Abuse Prevention Education Programs.
- With the help of funds received from Child Protection Network the McLean County CAC has been able to provide free training to 121 adults to protect children from sexual abuse from 2022-May 2023. They were also able to teach abuse prevention education in 11 schools during the 2022-2023 school year.
- In 2022, with assistance from funds received from Child Protection Network, 165 children received CASA advocacy services with a total of 5469 hours volunteered and committed to those children. The McLean County Children’s Advocacy Center conducted 185 Victim Forensic Interviews.
- It is the vision of Child Protection Network that we will help in giving Powerless Children, Powerful Voices!